Monday, April 7, 2014

Back At It!

Well, I'm back.  At least I hope to be.  I have been thinking about starting up my blog again (I mean updating it) and have finally decided to take the plunge!  So, I am hoping to write a couple times, or at least once, per week.

We had a big change since I last wrote....we moved!  Yay!  We actually just moved last week, so it's a very new change.  We had lived in the same house for the past 5.5 years, since Paul and I got married.  Since then we got a dog, had a child, and then had another two children.  Needless to say, we were yearning for more space.  We lived in about 1400 square feet, including a partially finished basement.  Paul works from home, and I work from home.  It was a bit of a tight squeeze to say the least.  We were so ready for this move!

We moved up to the north side of town, about 30 minutes from where we were.  It is a big change, especially since the girl's preschool is down by where we used to live and I had really grown to love the area there and the people we had met and become friends with the past few years.  Already though, our neighbors here seem SO great, welcoming, and friendly.  There are lots of kids in the neighborhood and the elementary is right in the neighborhood.  That will be wonderful when the kids start school there.  We are very excited for our big move, more space, and new beginnings.

Leaving our old little house was very bittersweet for me.  All of the most memorable moments in our lives happened in the house.  We had our kids there (well, in the hospital...but you know), they grew, we had good times, and some tougher times.  It was hard to leave, as we will always have so many memories of that house and the love that was shared there.

I insisted on one final family photo in front of our house the day we moved.  Paul was not happy, and neither were the kids or my sister (who took the photo).  It was cold and starting to rain, but I knew I would want this photo in the future.  Here it is:



I am excited to start writing again.  I plan to try really hard to keep up, and make time for this!  Thanks for reading, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment