Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Van-less for 3 days :(

A few of you have probably heard the story:  I was hurrying home from the hospital while the twins were still in the NICU.  It was raining.  I got home in just enough time to pump and then have to leave to pick up Ella at Kim's.  I shut the garage door, closed the garage entry door, and heard the crunch of the garage door down the back of our new van! UGH!!  I ran back outside and sure enough there were 2 long 6 inch scratches down the back of the van.  I didn't pull it in far enough.  So, we finally took the van in today to get fixed and it will not be back until Friday evening.  So, I am pretty much stuck in the house for the next few days with no means of transportation. 

Other than that, everything is status quo around here.  Ella is loving the nice weather we had some of last week.  She stands at the back door pretty much all day waiting for me to take her out to play on her swingset.  Hannah and Hailee are still fussy (hehe) but are getting better about actually being awake and not having to be held ALL the time.  Maybe only 90% of the time now :)  We are still on a 3 hour feeding schedule.  I guess it's normal since they are only 2 weeks adjusted age, but it seems like it's been a lifetime of sleepless nights!  
Hailee's sweet little face with Hannah sleeping next to her

Ella hugging her baby.  She is definitely a baby lover (real or fake) !


Ella putting a flower in her hair.  All of a sudden she loves bows and flowers in her hair.  I love that she's a girly girl!


We are hosting our first Easter here this weekend.  Well, really our first major holiday here ever.  We normally travel for all holidays.  (Note:  I am not counting this past Christmas when I was on bedrest.  I don't consider it hosting when everyone else had to do the work and I just laid there.)  I was really hoping for nice weather for Ella to have her first egg hunt, but it's not looking very promising.  I have all of the girl's baskets together and I can't wait for Easter morning!   

We did go to the mall to visit the Easter bunny this past weekend.  Our plan was to get all 3 girl's picture with the bunny.  Plan failed!  Ella would have NOTHING to do with him!  She started fussing, climbing up me, holding on to me for dear life.  I tried putting her down and she wrapped her legs around me so tight.  Poor thing!  I even tried to give her a sucker and she just threw it at the bunny!  You can see by the picture below that the twins didn't like him very much either. 

Hailee and Hannah's first visit with the Easter bunny








No comments:

Post a Comment