Wednesday, January 2, 2013

NYE Resolutions 2013

I've been thinking about my New Years Resolutions for 2013.  I generally do not make resolutions.  I see them as things that are normally broken or not achieved (at least for me) so what's the point?  This year, however, there are a few things I would like to accomplish.  I figure if I have them down on paper (or the internet) I am more likely to work harder to accomplish them.  Below is the list I have come up with:

  • Run a 5k.  This is something I've wanted to do for a while.  I had talked about it with a few friends casually last year and what do you know, it never happened.  I am really working on my health this year and exercise/running is a huge part of that.  I am thinking of going for the Color Run in July.
  • Grow my photography business.  In 2011 I had 26 photo sessions.  In 2012 I had 44.  I am hoping for 75 photo sessions this year.  Yes, it seems like a large number.  But, I feel like I finally have it.  My clients are always happy, and I am happy with the images I deliver.  Of course I can get better and can certainly improve, but I feel confident with the way business is going.
  • Spend more time with my children individually.  I spend a lot, really a ton, of alone time with Ella.  We shop together.  We run errands together.  We do a LOT of things together.  It's easy to take her along and leave the twins with Paul.  I really want to spend more time with Hailee and Hannah individually.  I know it will be hard on Ella for me to take one baby somewhere and not her but she will have to learn that she is not the only one that gets to do "fun" things alone with mommy.  I really don't think Hannah or Hailee know what it's like to even be apart.  Like, ever.  The only time that they ever go anywhere without the other one is to the doctor when only one is sick.  I hope that can change this year. 
  • Vacation to Disney.  I don't really know that this is a resolution, more of a goal.  Well, not even a goal.  Maybe a wish?  Ha!  Well, I really want to take the kids to Disney.  When our trip to Disney with Ella was cut short last year because of Hannah and Hailee getting sick, I have wanted to take everyone back since.  Ella still talks about Disney all the time!  She constantly wants to look at the photos from our trip.  She always says "wanna go back, wanna go back to Disney!".  I want to take Hailee and Hannah before they are three and while they are still free to the parks.  At $85/person per day that is a big savings!  I am thinking September time frame, around Ella's birthday.  My challenge will be talking my husband in to the fact that yes it would be fun, yes it will be challenging with all of the kids, but they would love it and it will be worth it.  
  • Have this house paci-free!  This resolution really needs done like now.  I'm really hoping by the end of this month or beginning of next we can conquer this one!
I think that's it.  I'm sure if you follow this blog, you will know which resolutions I accomplish!  I am hoping to achieve all of them! 

Enjoy a few photos from our low-key New Year's Eve!

Ok, how often do I get a photo of all of them smiling (without Photoshopping in a child)?  Never!  Well, until now!  This is now one of my favorite photos of the three girls!

Cute and happy girls!

Somebody wants their paci...

and she's better!

This little girl stayed up until 12:30am on New Years!  H&H stayed up until almost 10:00pm.  We were real party animals :)

No comments:

Post a Comment