Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Snow Day!

Today is a snow day!  Ella's preschool was cancelled, for the first time all year (first time it was closed on a day that she was supposed to go).  Our poor girl cried and cried when she went to get dressed for school and I told her it was cancelled.  I will someday remind her of this when she is praying for a snow day in high school.  She had a daddy/daughter pizza dinner at school tonight and that was also cancelled.  Poor girl.  I hope they reschedule it soon!

I made the best of the day with the kids all cooped up inside.  We are still in our jammies (me, Hannah, and Hailee), we made cookies (and ate them), colored pictures, and watched some TV.  I NEVER make homemade cookies, like never.  I generally just buy the ones you break apart and pop in the oven.  It was nice to make them from scratch.  I am really hoping this is our last snow if the year.  I am SO ready for some nice weather!

Many of you may not even know we have a dog.  Yes, this is the often times forgotten about member of our family, Chloe.  She is cute, but I sure do hate when she gets snow all over the house when coming in after a big snow fall!

My little cookie baking helper!

Cookie approved by Miss Hailee!  Although, I don't know what cookie would not be approved by this girl.

Ella and Hannah coloring together

Some cookie packages for a couple neighbors.  I wonder when today I will get out to deliver these...

This photo is from last night.  Ella now likes me to read to her from her Bible at prayer time before bed.  Love, love, LOVE that this 3 year old has so much love and interest in Jesus.  I like to think we must be doing something right ;)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the cookies!!! It looks like you guys had a fun day. :)

    ReplyDelete