Friday, July 15, 2011

Mid-July Update

I don't really have much to blog about!  We have just been enjoying our summer, spending time with our girls.  Hannah and Hailee have their Neonatology appointment today.  They will each have a full assessment on their development thus far.  I cannot wait to see what they each weigh. 

Watching TV...they must get that from their daddy!

Hailee and Hannah, about 5 months old


Hannah and Hailee used to always fall asleep on each other, but it seldomly happens now that they are getting older.  The past week or so I have gotten two rare occasion sweet sleeping baby pictures of them snuggled up to one another.






Ella is becoming more and more like a two year old each day.  She is talking a lot more now.  She has such a soft spoken, sweet voice.  I just love hearing her learn to talk.  Ella has such a personality now.  She is very picky about what clothes she wears, what shoes I put on her, and what bow I put in her hair.  The first thing she wants to do in the morning is put on her shoes.  If I don't pick out the ones she wants to wear, she points to her shoe drawer saying "sho, sho, sho" until I get out a different pair.  I think she thinks if she puts shoes on in the morning that we will definitely be going somewhere that day.  Ella loves coloring (on the walls), climbing on top of chairs and tables (and then getting stuck up there), and helping give her sisters a bath (generally this just ends in an almost flooded bathroom and an upset baby :) 
Ella loves her bubble blower.  This is much better than having to blow on the little stick a million times :)

Ella's smooshy face :)

Ella refuses to sit up in the tub these days.  It is sometimes challenging washing her good while she is on her belly. 


Some of you may remember a recent post that our Fourth of July included an almost-broken nose for me from a boating accident.  Well, I finally went to the doctor yesterday and my nose is in fact broken.  I really didn't think it was broken, but now that the swelling is completely gone there is a small bump on the one side of it and the one side slopes down steeper than the other.  I am incredibly upset about it.  I never had a problem with my nose before and now it doesn't look exactly how it did before.  I have to decide whether I want to go through getting it fixed or just deal with it for the rest of my life.  I can't imagine going through the surgery and recovery with how busy I am now with my kids.  I really don't like thinking or talking about it because I just end up getting mad about the situation. 

Hailee, Hannah, and I got together with a friend and her twin boys one day last week.  I actually met this mom in the NICU.  She is a nurse at OSU and helped take good care of my girls.  It was so much fun hanging out with other twins!  Evan and Noah were just adorable!!  Below is a picture of their double date :)



In a couple weeks we are having a twin play get-together with some moms and their babies that I met through the Columbus Mother's of Twins Club.  One of the moms organized a group of us that all had twins due around the same time.  We were supposed to get together before we were all due, but then one by one most of us ended up on bedrest.  So, I am excited to finally meet these ladies and their twin babies!

1 comment:

  1. A double date! How cute. Is the nose thing something you could put off for a year or two...or are you having difficulties???

    ReplyDelete