Thursday, August 16, 2012

Daddy's away, the girls will play!

This past Saturday Paul went to a concert all afternoon and evening.  We had went to a birthday party in the morning as a family, came home, got the girls down for naps, and Paul left.  Well, the girls had other plans.  No one slept all but 45 minutes.  Not really what I was expecting.  I had planned on working all afternoon.  So, I got them up and we had a good ol' time around the house!

Eating lunch at the picnic table :)

Ella

Hannah and Hailee love going inside and outside, inside and outside.  Kind of looks like they are looking in a mirror, huh?

After dinner treat, Oreos!  Shh, don't tell daddy!

Oreos and bunny crackers with a fork.  Hey, whatever works!

Then they all took a bath to get nice and clean!

Love these towels!

Our little duck!

Then we had a jumping in the crib party!!!!  Definitely don't tell daddy about this one!

Kisses for Hannah

Tickles for Hailee

Hailee

Ella wasn't so sure..

FUN! :)
You may have noticed the cute pear t-shirts that the twins had on in the previous photos.  I bought these for the Fall season for them and they say Perfect Pear on the bottom.  Super cute, what perfect twin shirts!  Well, the morning of the party we dressed the girls and made a big deal of their new shirts, saying how cute they are, etc.  Ella then wanted a pear shirt too.  I felt so bad.  I got out all these other new school shirts for her and she wanted nothing to do with any of them.  "Me pear shirt too mommy!", she kept crying :(  This seriously broke my heart.  I knew the day would come when she got jealous of something twin related.  I couldn't help but shed some tears myself.  Paul thought I was crazy for getting so upset about it.  I even went as far as calling the store I got them at to see if they had any shirt with a pear on it that we could go buy really quick.  No such luck.  She wanted a shirt with pears on it so bad.  She finally settled for a new school outfit and probably forgot about the whole thing within minutes.  I am still dwelling on it.  Ha!  Isn't that just how mom's are?  Note:  The outfit in the photos is not the new school outfit that Ella wore to the party.  This girl now changes her clothes about 4 times per day.  No joke.  Every time she goes upstairs and comes back down she is in a different outfit, different bow or headband, different shoes or some princess dress.  Then I go up and there is 3-4 dresses all over her room that she must have gotten out and decided not to wear.  I remember doing this type of thing in middle school.  Hmmm....

Remember the ugly blue carpet we had in out family room for a long time?  It has been in many photos before, like this one:

Well, we finally got rid of it!  I am loving how our new toy organization looks!  The girls seem to love it too!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment