Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day full of love!

We have been celebrating Valentine's Day all week!  I feel like all I have done is made cupcakes, signed Valentines, prepared for parties, made more cupcakes, and signed more Valentines! 

On Wednesday was Ella's preschool Valentine's party.  I had the opportunity to be the party helper in her class!  Ella was so excited to have mom come in to her class and help out.  I was pretty excited too.  I helped each child pass out their Valentines in all of their classmate's little bags.  All of the kids were super cute and so proud of the Valentines they had brought for others.  I also liked being in the class to watch Ella play with others.  I have been dying to be a "fly on the wall" ever since she started school this year.  Ella did not surprise me at all..she played with dolls, with her other girl friends, and listened well to the teachers.  What a fun morning we had!

Today we had another Valentine party with friends.  The kids all did crafts, ate Valentine treats, and had fun playing!  Tomorrow morning we have yet another Valentine party with more friends.  Both of these parties include all of the kids, Hailee and Hannah too, so I am happy they get in on the fun also!  I'm pretty sure I am sick of sweets and treats, but I don't know that my kids could ever be!

This weekend Paul and I will have some time alone, with no children.  We are looking forward to sleeping in, relaxing, and spending time together.  I feel like in the life of a family with 3 young children, or 3 children of any age for that matter, it is sometimes difficult to find time for one another.  Thankfully, I have parents whom are more than willing to spend some extra time with their little granddaughters to give Paul and I some much needed gain-our-sanity-back time.  We are very much looking forward to this weekend!

I picked up a couple small things for the girls for Valentine's Day.  They each got a little Minnie Mouse and a couple books.  They loved opening their little gifts early this morning.

Fun in Daddy and Mommy's bed!

Enjoying some cupcakes at one of the little parties we attended.

Then they woke up from naps and had a package with little presents from Grandpa and Gammy!  How fun!

What a fun day!
Happy Valentine's Day to all of our friends reading!  We hope you had a day full of LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment