Sunday, January 23, 2011

Was I dreaming?

Last night it was about 3:00am and I was (surprisingly) sleeping soundly. I was woken up by my doc standing at my bedside. "Kristen, this is Dr. Ruedrich. How are you doing?" I just stared at him wondering what in the world was going on. He was dressed from head to toe in his garb, like he was ready for surgery at any time. I'm talking the whole blue outfit, hat, shoe covers, and the face mask barely uncovering his mouth to talk to me. I couldn't stop staring at him and couldn't get any words out either. Had the girl's heart rates went down and no one told me?? I thought for sure he was ready to deliver the babies. After what seemed like forever and me not answering his initial question, he continued to say "I got called in for surgery tonight so I wanted to check on you." "Are you going to deliver the babies? Is the surgery on me?" I said. (I'm sure I probably yelled at this point, but I was terrified!) "No, we are keeping the course. Have a good night and go back to sleep." Ugh! Easy for him to say! I thought for sure something had happened on the monitors and he was going to deliver the girls right then and there. Which is a bit unrealistic since I wasn't sleeping in the operating room. Needless to say, I was up for a good 2 hours after that. I am thankful that the girls are not here yet and that they can stay inside for hopefully another 3 days!

1 comment:

  1. Always nice that he checks on you when he doesn't have to, but wow, I can't imagine coming out of my sleep fog to see him dressed in scrubs. I'd be worried (and confused) too!

    Just a few more days! Keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete