Sunday, December 18, 2011

It's almost Christmas time!

We are so excited for Christmas this year!  My parents had the kids this weekend so that Paul and I could finish shopping, wrap gifts, and attend a friend's annual Christmas party. Our weekend was VERY busy, but productive and fun! 

I am behind with my Christmas cards this year.  Yes, very behind.  As in they aren't even here yet.  I was so busy the past couple weeks with finishing up other's Christmas photos so that they could get their cards out in time and had no time to do my own children's.  Anyways, the cards will be going out soon...whenever they come in the mail!

I took my own kid's photos this year. I wanted to share some of the bloopers that led to our somewhat decent Christmas photos. Ella, especially, was not a fan as you will tell even in the final product.

Being the mom and the photographer = not easy. 

This is how Ella was acting for about the first 100 photos.

Hannah would NOT sit still.  Every time I got her sitting, she would start to crawl away.


Then Hailee and Ella started playing.

This is how most of the photos turned out...one baby looking all cute and smiley and the other two grumpy or fussy.

Then Hannah figured she gave her one smile and she was off crawling again...

Then Ella and Hannah started playing...and Hannah puked all over her sleeve.

How cute is this hat on Hailee?!  Hannah was checked out by this point.

We had some eating of the ornaments.

And some playing with milk cups.

And some butt-touching ;)

Love these Santa diapers!!

I also wanted some "formal" tree photos.  Hannah..again...crawling away...

This was cute :)

She wouldn't give up this darn milk cup!

Below are the photos that are edited.  Out of 700 photos over two days, these are the only ones that were printable.  A few of these are used on the Christmas cards.









My grandma has seven great grandchildren and they are all girls :)  We got their photos taken at a studio for the cheap $10 for one pose deal.  I did not want to attempt this photo, as I knew I would have to be 100% attentive to my girls.  I knew it would be the first photo or two that would be the best before one, or all, girls were over it.  Below is the best we got, which I thought was pretty good!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness...it is SO difficult to photograph three children at once---even with older children! This is my life. :-P We took a bunch of shots for our Christmas card and seriously...I had two to pick from. LOVE the picture of all seven of the girls! Look at all of them!!! What fun.

    ReplyDelete