Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Christmas Preparation

Whew, it's been a while since I have blogged!  We have been so busy with getting ready for the holidays, events, parties, etc that I have had no time for anything lately!  I am happy to say that after this weekend things should slow down for us through the holidays.  I am so looking forward to Paul having some time off work to spend with us doing fun family things!

I really don't have anything to blog about, so figured I would post some photos for your enjoyment :)

A certain someone (Hannah) was not happy that I took her paci for the photo...

still not happy...

until I gave it back!  Ugh, daddy thinks we will be paci-free in this house come the New Year.  We will see about that!

One important thing for me during the holiday season is to get a *decent* photo of our girls for our Christmas card.  I knew this year would be tough, given their ages.  A couple weeks ago the weather was unseasonably warm on a Monday evening.  We took the girls out, and after about 300 shots, and still having to Photoshop Hailee into the photo I can say I am very pleased with our card photo for this year!  Cards are going out today, so those of you seeing this early get a little sneak peek!

Our card photo.  Love this.  I will be getting a print made for the house too.  Love that we went with not-so-Christmasy outfits, but still festive attire!

Love this smile!

And this one (Hannah)!

And this one (Hailee)!

We went to a breakfast with Santa with the twin club this past Saturday morning.  It was SO much fun!  I pretty much figured our photo would go something like this:

Hailee's face is just priceless!  Ella is also terrified.  Hannah seems indifferent.

I figured I would share some phone photos too!

H&H sit next to each other, in front of doors all the time.  They read together, snack together, and of course pick on each other.  So cute!

Ella's friend Ella from preschool came over the other day to play.  The girls had a tea party and were SO cute together! My grandma gave Ella this real little tea set and it is just adorable.

Ella says every day that she played with "two Ella's (she is one of the Ella's) and one Addy".  Addy came over that day too, but had to leave early.  I am so happy Ella has made such good friends with some of her preschool classmates!



We had a baking day at my aunt and uncle's house the other weekend.  We literally baked from 10:00am-8:00pm.  It was crazy!  Aunt Leah made this gingerbread house with Ella. 

One of my recipes was these reindeer cookies.  They turned out adorable!  Another successful idea from Pinterest!

My friend Kristen came along for the baking day too!  Her and Ella (well, maybe just Ella) had fun taste testing the finished products!

Erika and Leah, busy baking away!

Hailee and Hannah now know how to take one piece outfits off.  I literally re-dressed them 10 times the day they wore these one pieces last week.  They love taking off their jammies once they are in bed too.  Oh, and Hailee likes to take off her own diaper and throw it on the floor.  That has been just lovely!

Happy little Hannah!

A friend came to play with H&H (and Ella) one day last week while her mommy was at work.  We had so much fun all day!  I love the chance to spend time with my friend's kids!

This past Sunday Ella and I went to a tea party for brunch and then to a Christmas Play with some friends.  This is the second time we have had a mommy-daughter day or evening with these girls and it is always so much fun!

This photo is from today.  This is the first day in literally weeks that we have nothing to do and it is so great!  We were invited to a play date and I had to decline.  We needed this day at home.  I told Ella she can stay in her jammies all day and she is pretty excited!  This was craft time at the table before 9:00am.  By about noon I'm sure I'll be singing another tune and wishing we had got out for a bit!

I should have some cute photos coming up in the next few days!  Ella's preschool play is tomorrow and we (and especially she) is SO excited for it!  She will be an angel in the Christmas Story.  I can't wait!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kristen. This is Carissa Krauss (Huebner). I wanted to let you know that I have enjoyed reading through your blog over the last few days. It's very well done and it's obvious that you've put a lot of care and time into it. I decided to be a gestational carrier (surrogate) for friends and we found out several weeks ago that I'm carrying identical twins! They are monochorionic/diamniotic. As of the 12 week ultrasound this past Friday they are equally sized and healthy, but they will be carefully monitored for TTTS as the weeks go by. My mom reminded me of your experience and pointed me to your blog. It's very comforting to know that the outcome of a pregnancy similar to mine can be so positive, despite the hurdles that you overcame! If you have any particular insight to offer, you can reach me at carissa_krauss@outlook.com. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carissa! What an incredible gift! I assume you went way back in my blog to when I was diagnosed with TTTS and to delivery and such? It was a rough road but we are extremely blessed to be where we are today, with our three healthy girls! They would most likely already see some sort of variance in the twins if it was going to be a bad case, and definitely by about 18 weeks. Me being diagnosed at 17 weeks was considered late. Anyways, I hope you are feeling well and still keeping up with your kiddos! I will email you when I have some more time. My email is kmclark9@gmail.com and my home phone is 614-319-4773 if you ever have questions about anything. Tell your family we say hi! It would be great to get together after the holidays!

    ReplyDelete