Friday, March 30, 2012

Lifelong Friends

I have a couple friends that I have had for over 10 years, some more like 15.  Many of us have taken different paths along the way, but a few of us have remained close along the way. 

I have this one friend that if anyone would've told us 10 years ago that we would have 5 kids between the two of us before turning 30, we would've thought they were crazy!  This friend and I would spend countless high school and college evenings doing so many things together...eating, drinking, driving around, shopping (and driving hours away to get to a good mall!), scrap booking, talking, I could literally go on and on.  Not to mention the four Spring break vacations that I went on with this friend and others.  You could always count on her for a fun, and unforgettable time.  I have so many hilarious stories with this friend that just laugh to myself when I think about them.

My, how times have changed.  My friend Bethany and I now have 5 babies between the two of us.  Yes, 5 babies and Ella is the oldest at just 2.5 years old.  Bethany is a full time nurse and mommy.  She is an incredibly strong woman.  She loves and adores her children more than anything.

Bethany is one of those friends that I can go a month without talking to (which rarely happens) and still pick up right where we left off.  When we get together with the kiddos, she treats mine just like she treats hers.  She's generally bouncing one of mine on her one knee, while holding one of hers in her other arm...or chasing after one of our toddlers.  I never feel bad if my kids are fussy around Bethany.  She takes us as we are.  I love this dear friend of mine <3

My kids and I went last week to visit Bethany, her one year old, and her newborn.  The day was hectic (to say the least :), but I always enjoy getting everyone together. 

Snack time!

Snack time for Ella too!  Bethany had homemade cupcakes...need I say more?

Brand new baby Camden

I think Hailee was a bit envious :)

Ella LOVES Bethany's birds.  She plays with, well bangs on, the cage every time we're there.

Colton and Ella

Looks like they are playing nice, right?

Guess again!  Finally someone to fight Hailee back!  Little Hannah needs to learn something from Colton :)

Walk time!

Ella was not happy about us making her get into the wagon and not pull it the entire walk.

Hailee.  Hannah was behind her.  We used Bethany's front/back double stroller.  Hannah couldn't see much :)

Sweet baby.

Bubbles!
Ella and Camden

This was Ella and Colton when we visited when he was first born.  Ella was about 14 months here.

No comments:

Post a Comment