Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

I am so thankful for the mother's in my life.  First and foremost, I am thankful for my mom.  She is caring, helpful, loving, and supportive.  I feel very blessed to have been given my mom as my mother and grandmother to our kids. 

I am also thankful for my mom friends.  It is nice to have friends in my life, some of which have been through and are going through some of the same things I have.  I'm thankful to have a handful of mom friends that I can call at any given time to talk about my kids, the love I have for them as well as the frustrations I feel at any given moment. 

I am thankful for the mom groups that I am a part of that have led me to meet so many new awesome people.  My twin mom group (CMOTC) and my church mom group (MOPS).  Both groups are compiled of such encouraging moms with kids of all different ages that can relate in one way or another to my own journey of motherhood. 

Mother's are amazing.  They are nurturing.  They are loving and caring.  Mother's are selfless.  They are strong.  They are beautiful.  I hope everyone took some time yesterday to think about and spend time with the moms they love most in their life!

I had a fabulous Mother's Day with my three little girls.  We went to church, to a nice lunch, home to relax, and then to frozen yogurt.  It was a perfect day.  All I wanted was to spend time with my family and not have to cook anything.  I got both of those things, plus two bouquets of tulips, some cute cards from Paul and the girls, and some running shoes :) 

I had realized yesterday evening that we had taken no photos yesterday.  I was already changed in my comfy clothes for the evening and the girls were less than enthused about having to pose for a photo.  Well, Ella and Hailee weren't very happy about it.  Hannah was though, as she's always happy, clapping, and waving about something!

Mother's Day, 2012

Paul said this photo is more like real life.  Ha!

1 comment:

  1. OMG I love the second picture! Isn't that the truth! :)

    ReplyDelete