Friday, March 18, 2011

Hannah is pulling a Hailee..

Well, Hannah didn't come home today.  She decided to pull a Hailee and have one last spell before it was time to go.  I called this morning at about 5:00am and she had had a heart rate drop (a brady) with her previous feeding.  I was SO upset, to say the least.  At least Hailee's was a day before her discharge, Hannah's was just hours.  It took a while for the doctor to call us to talk about his plan.  When I did talk to him he said that the earliest she can come home now is Wednesday pending no other episodes.  Hannah's doctor that she has now is the absolute most conservative doctor in the NICU.  I know that I don't want her having brady's once she comes home, but another 5 days seems like forever when we've already come this far! 

I went to visit Hannah this afternoon and she is just so sweet.  She had just had a bath and her blonde hair was all sticking straight up :)  I cannot wait to finally get her and her little twin together!  I am trying so hard to stay positive through all of this, but it's getting harder and harder.  Today was the first time in weeks that I broke down at the NICU and couldn't help it.  Hopefully this nice weather helps the weekend go fast and Hannah is home before we know it! 

1 comment:

  1. Ugh. So sorry that you couldn't bring Hannah home!!!!! You've been doing such a good job at handling all of this.....hopefully it will be all over soon and you can get back to just life at home with your girls.

    Those little stinker girls of yours and their brady's. So frustrating!!!

    We had a bout of RSV lately (which is over), so I'm keeping my distance until we get over some lingering colds and the post-RSV cough. Once we're all healthy, I'd love to bring a meal and meet the girls!

    ReplyDelete