Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Preschool!

I started thinking about sending Ella to preschool next fall. I asked around to a couple other moms and found out that registration for next year is NOW at most schools.  For the past two weeks, Ella and I (and Paul when he could make it) toured five preschools in the Hilliard and Dublin area.  Little did I know, getting in to the preschool that you want for your child is not as easy as you would expect!  Of course, the one that I loved the most and saw as the best fit for Ella is popular and hard to get in to.  Registration opens first for members of the church (all of the preschools that we checked in to were church ones) and alumni and siblings of the school.  Then about a week or two later registration opens to the general public and it's pretty much a lottery from there.  Your kid will get in if their's is the first letter opened from the mail or if their mom is one of the first in line, depending on how the school does registration.  Anyways, after a couple weeks of stress to get Ella in the school we wanted her in, we were confirmed earlier this week that she made the cut!  YAY!  I was so happy for her...and for us!  She will be attending Indian Run Preschool in Dublin.  She will be in the 3-year old's class and go two half day mornings per week.

Ella had so much fun touring all of the different schools.  Every time we had to leave, she would cry or throw a fit.  She is definitely ready for preschool!  There are a few things that I love about this school that some others did not have.  They have a drop off system where I can stay in my car with the babies in the mornings and someone comes out to get Ella.  This is fabulous for moms that have little ones that you don't want to be dragging out each morning.  They learn very general Christian beliefs (i.e. Jesus loves us, God made everyone).  They will have little Christmas and other holiday programs.  Moms can come in and help out for holiday parties.  They make a craft each day.  They play either outdoors or in the gym each day.  They have specials, like science, math, and reading.  The teachers seem fabulous.  I love the curriculum.  I am just so excited for Ella.  The only bummer is that it doesn't start for another 6 months...even though you all know I will be one of "those" moms bawling on her first day!
Ella, so excited on one of her preschool tour days!!

2 comments:

  1. Did you check out our school? (St. John's Christian Preschool) We love it! Sounds very similar, even has a drop-off system...which Hannah MAKES me use b/c she doens't want me walking her in! She did T/Th this past year (9-11:30) but next year she'll be in a 3-day program....

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a preschool at the JVS that you seriously need to put the contents of your ovaries on the waiting list. It's CRAZY! My one friend "registered" her son right after he was born. Nuts!

    ReplyDelete