Monday, January 23, 2012

It's looking like a no-nap-day around here!

As I sat down here five minutes ago now to blog, I really couldn't think of much to blog about. This is the first time I have taken a seat all day, just got my kiddos all down for their afternoon nap.  I sat for a couple more minutes, took a couple breaths, a bite of my pesto and veggie wrap I made myself for lunch, and a sip of water.  Then...the babbling started.  H&H are at it again.  Sleeping?  No. Sleeping is for the birds, right?  I waited a couple more minutes and in between the "da da da da, na na na nas", I hear a big "thud" then a door jingle.  Yep, you guessed it.  Ella heard the babes having their little convo and now she's up too, standing at her door, waiting for me to come get her so she can play too.  Afternoon naps are becoming non existent more and more lately and I am NOT ready for it.  I am not ready for H&H to only go to one nap a day and I am not ready for Ella to stop taking naps completely.  So now I ponder, like most other afternoons, should I go up and try to put them all back down again, or should I just sit here and hope they get the point that I am not coming up to rescue them?

I have one hilarious comic-type photo that I have to share.  If you have ever co-slept with your baby, you too will get a kick out of this.  I co-slept with Ella more than I like to admit.  When you are exclusively breastfeeding how do you not co-sleep every once and a while?  The only time Paul and I co-slept with the twins is when we would each take one at about 5:30am just to try and get in another hour of sleep.  Co-sleeping with twins is impossible.  However, I would love to see a twin version of this:


Sadly, I think Booby Trap happened the most out of these with us.  Poor Paul.  Followed shortly by The Stalker and Snow Angels.  This is so funny, I cannot stop laughing right now.  And in case you are wondering, yes, my babes are still having their little party upstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment